The National Center for Statistics and Information was established with accordance to the Royal Decree no. 31/2012 affiliated to the Supreme Council for Planning. It is one of the most important sources for the development and sustainability of Oman economy.
Mission: To produce the official statistics for Sultanate of Oman, which will be used to support the decision and policy makers to formulate and design the adopted national policies and programs, as the information disclosure is considered as one of our important goals and a core of our mission.
- To supply the citizens and residents with documented information and statistics to be used for making decisions and policies on the local, regional and international level.
- To supply the different entities with information and statistics on development programs.
- To keep up with the Sultanate’s progress on the economic, social and educational sectors.
- To provide dynamic social and economic indicators about public and private sectors activities using internet.
- To publish magazines and journals regularly to enrich people concerning about following up with the social and economic progress.
- To provide scholars and researchers, whether an academic or a decision maker, with disaggregated data with regard to the research topic.