The Donations Portal was set up in 2009 by ITA in association with charitable organizations in the Sultanate and in cooperation with the Ministry of Social Development. It is deemed to be the first of its kind in the Sultanate where it facilitates the process of donation for charitable organizations through e-payment. The donor can select the organization he/she wants to donate to and directly transfer money to its account. The organization will, then, distribute the money to people in need inside or outside the country. This portal is part of the ongoing process of providing all eServices for all citizens and residents.
The portal aims to:
- Spread awareness of the significance of voluntary work.
- Facilitate the donation process using modern technologies.
- Increase the number of donors.
- Reach for those who are in need.
It is worth mentioning that the Sultanate has achieved a remarkable position at this sphere. It also encourages all financially capable people to donate and give a hand for those who extremely need these donations.
Currently, there are 12 charitable organizations connected to the Donations Portal
Donations can also be given through the Donations Portal mobile app
The portal will continue playing its pivotal role to increase the numbers of donors in order to reach a larger number of beneficiaries inside and outside the Sultanate of Oman.
- The total amount of the donations done through the portal (2009 -2015) is about 1,121,979,21 O.R.
- The total number of donors for the same period is 46,438.
- The Arab Regional e-Content award in the e-inclusion category under the World Summit Awards program in 2009.
- Best Government Mobile Service Award for its Donations Portal Mobile App on the category of Social Affairs at the Government Summit held in Dubai in Feb, 2015.