The Invest Easy (One Stop Shop) is an online portal that enables business owners and investors to get the business procedures done easily in a short time.
This project is headed by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI). The project is a joint initiative with participation of ITA and 5 other government entities:
- Ministry of Manpower.
- Royal Oman Police.
- Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Oman Chamber of Commerce.
- Ministry of Environment and Climate Affairs.
The Invest Easy is aiming at achieving the following:
- More efficient licensing and registration processes.
- A single login for Government circulations, information and online services related to business.
- Online access to the portal 24/7 and transactions can be paid online through the ePayment Gateway.
- Multi-channel access points to services: web application, mobile application, web services, and service providers like SANAD, lawyers and auditors.
- A secure environment where businesses can conduct secure transactions.
The project contract was signed on 8th of December 2013 and it was planned to be executed as 6 milestones where each milestone is to take 4 months duration to be achieved. In each milestone, a new mobile app version will be launched and a refreshed website with a new set of services will be implemented. At the current stage of the project, the third milestone is achieved successfully.
The Invest Easy project is going on track and there are 3 more milestones to be completed. There are approximately 50 online services that are expected to be live by Dec 2015. In March 2015, the Online Company Registration Functionality will be launched as well.
At the moment the project has launched the following:
- 22 e-services and 3 versions of the Invest Easy portal.
- 13 mobile services and 3 versions of the mobile app.
- The project has initiated a call center.
- The project has established the first e-Services Support Center in Oman.
- The e-services launched are used already by over 100,000 users.
- The 10 entities who are integrated has consumed over 2 million data.
- HM Award Winner 2011.
- GCC Award Winner 2012.
- WSIS Award 2012.