- What is the main purpose of the Official eGovernment Services Portal?
- How can I request help
- Do I have any other channel to reach the Government?
- How many ministries are linked via this portal?
- How can I access the e-services in the portal?
- How do I register with the portal / What to do if I forget my login password?
- How can I find the service I need in this portal?
- Whom does the Official eGovernment Services Portal serve?
- Who is the Information Technology Authority?
- What is e.oman?
- What is the e.oman strategy?
- What benefit can I get from eOman?
- What is a Knowledge Society?
- Can I freely copy and use contents from this website?
- How to link to oman.om?
1. What is the main purpose of the Official eGovernment Services Portal?
This is the Official eGovernment Services portal of the Sultanate of Oman. It is a common gateway for you to access services offered to you by government agencies of Oman. Through this electronic platform you can find our information about services that you require and also can start and ‘Start’ some of them right from here. With the contact information provided here you can reach any of the government organisations and seek further clarifications. This portal mainly aim to make it easy for you to access these services quickly, from anytime and anywhere and also enable you to interact directly with the service providers.
2. How can I request help
Thank you for your interest in visiting this portal. If you require any help about the portal in general or about any service in particular, please use Contact Us
We are continuously improving the content and structure of the portal while expanding it further with more services to serve you better.
We certainly consider your comments or questions and respond appropriately. You can also reach the portal team and seek clarifications directly by dialing the toll-free number 800-77777.
3. Do I have any other channel to reach the Government?
Government of Oman reaches out to you and encourages you interactively as planned by the e.Oman national IT strategy. In addition to the traditional face-to-face method of accessing us and our services, you can also reach us through several electronic channels such as the Internet, Mobile platform, the Kiosks and the call center.
The portal at
compliments other channels and it also contains links to other online platforms to inspire open and transparent discussions between the public and the government.
The mobile portal at http://m.oman.om offers several SMS-services accessible from your mobile phone. Our 24/7 toll free call center is at 800 77777. You can ask questions and share your e-government experience with us via the Contact Us form.
4. How many ministries are linked via this portal?
In this portal you can find service information from over 46 government entities presented to you through a single window in a standard electronic format. Some of these services can be launched online (integrated services) and we have provided related forms for request these services.
Over 30 forms are completely online while about 165 forms are available for you to download from the portal in MS Word www.microsoft.com or Adobe Pdf format www.adobe.com. In case you have request for other forms that are not located here, please fill in the Contact Us and we shall forward your request to the service provider.
Information about over 650 services from the different entities in Oman is presented here for you, along with details such as how to access the service, what supporting documents are required, applicable conditions if any, fees payable, expected time to taken for service, etc.
Electronic services :You can execute over 90 services completely online and we have provided these services either directly from this portal or as a link to government organization that offers the service.
Integrated services: You can also access about 14 e-services fully integrated and executable end-to-end from this portal without any need to physically visit the entity offering the service.
5. How can I access the e-services in the portal?
You are welcome to visit this portal and access all service-related information freely. But in order to execute any online or integrated service, you must be a registered Portal Registration
.These services which you can start from this portal are clearly marked with a “Launch Service” icon and they required you to login with secure password.
You can register as an authorised user at any of the eOman kiosks located in Muscat, with your original Identity Card and personal mobile telephone number. After receiving your activation via SMS code, then you can login to this portal and customize it with your preferences and start using the integrated services.
6. How do I register with the portal / What to do if I forget my login password?In order to start using the e-service on this portal, you need to register yourself as a valid user with unique identity.
- Access e.Oman kiosks and register yourself with your original National Identity or Resident card.
- After this ‘Login’ to this portal and use the code sent via SMS to your mobile phone to activate your account for the very first time.
- From then on you can securely access and execute portal services online.
- In case you lose your password, you will have to ‘Reset password’ at any of the e.Oman kiosks and follow the same registration instructions.
7. How can I find the service I need in this portal?
- The services relevant to Citizen and resident, Business visitors and Government are organized in to sections with their own landing pages.
- The Government section provides contacts for government organisations along with a list of services offered by them.
- One can search for a specific service using the portal ‘Search’ tool.
- This portal’s ‘Site Map’ is a comprehensive compilation. From here you can reach any of the specific group of services directly.
8. Whom does the Official eGovernment Services Portal serve?
This portal brings the government closer to youand offers services at yourcomfort and convenience. Thisportal is built on a seamlessly integrated platform where services from different government agencies are delivered via electronic channels through a common gateway. It serves residents, Omani citizen, visitors, business organisations, government agencies inside Oman and other International organisations.
9. Who is the Information Technology Authority?
Information Technology Authority is the public authority created by Royal Degree 52/2006. Its main role is to implement e.Oman national strategy and follow its progress towards the achievement of social and economic benefits there by creating the digital society of Oman. For more details on ITA and its projects, visit its website at www.ita.gov.om or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
10.What is e.oman?
e.oman, the Sultanate of Oman’s Digital Oman is a nation-wide technology initiative, based on His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said’s vision to create and nurture the Knowledge Society in Oman. It utilizes Information and Communications Technology (ICT) to enhance performance, empower human capital and enrich life in general.
Click here to see a video about e.Oman
11. What is the e.oman strategy?
Oman’s national IT strategy has been aligned with its economic diversification program to create a sustainable knowledge society. This Digital Oman strategy, or e.Oman for short, aims to transform the country by empowering its people and enhancing their lives using technology.
12. What benefit can I get from eOman?
e.oman aims to leverage ICT for economic and social gain to enrich your life as a resident or visitor of Oman. We have integrated several government organisations to provide better and more efficient public services. Through a nationwide mission, e.Oman projects help you to acquire ICT skills required to live in a knowledge society, help businesses to save time and money through smart electronic services, develop local ICT industries, build a secure foundation for eCommerce transaction, and minimize the Digital Divide in the country.
13. What is a Knowledge Society?
A knowledge society is one in which knowledge as gained and applied by its people becomes a major driving force in the development of the country. Communities learn to move away from the traditional ways of learning while adapting to the changing society are gaining rapid advantage in gaining and applying modern technology skills.
The momentum of e.Oman is driven by knowledge-based industries in Oman that are closely connected with other businesses to provide local skills and expertise whilein future they will be able to serve international markets.
Individuals such as you in the knowledge-based society, are empowered with relevant and current information so as to bring your potential strengths in transforming the society with enhanced skills as well as opportunities to progress.
In general, a knowledge society features as an ICT-enabled community that has greater connectivity, improved efficiency, enhanced productivity, renewed economic diversity, and increased job opportunities within an empowered society.
14. Can I freely copy and use contents from this website?
The content of this portal including but not limited to information, images, graphics, video or other multimedia, software and links are the Intellectual Property of the Information Technology Authority of Oman and all relevant Omani Laws to protect this IPR through copyright, trademark and other forms of proprietary rights are applicable even if not mentioned explicitly. All rights, titles and interests in the contents are owned by, licensed to or controlled by ITA. Use of such content in this portal by way of reproduction, republishing, uploading, posting, transmission or any other form of distribution requires formal written consent of ITA. So if you need to copy and use any of these contents, kindly let us know using the Contact Us form.
15. How to link to oman.om?
This is the official e-government services portal of the Sultanate of Oman. If you wish to link to this portal, you may kindly do so. Further if you require our official logo of banner to include on behalf of this portal in your website, kindly contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. We are more than happy to send high-resolution images for your use in various online and offline media.
Contents of this portal including text, images and any other multi-media are protected by Intellectual property rights. They shall not be reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any other way, without formal prior permission from the Information Technology Authority of Oman who manages this portal.
In case you wish to use any contents of this portal in full or partially, then you must write to firstname.lastname@example.org. stating the purpose. Thank you for your interest in reaching us.
Toll Free number
80 07 77 77