Emergency and disaster procedures
Individuals dealing with disasters
Tornados or flooding
At the occurrence of any rain related case, a person should take into consideration if the place of residence is a low area as compared to the surrounding areas owing to the dangers that may accrue due to the floods. The evacuation roads should be clear to be taken after checking the level of fuel in the car as well as collection the valuable stuff such as money, credentials, gold, address book and first aid kit.
In the case of your place is being hit by an earthquake, you are supposed to:
- Stay out if you are not inside any building.
- Stay inside if you are in and hide under a strong table.
- Don’t exit the building unless being asked to.
- Use stairs instead of elevator.
- Don’t over use the cellphone unless you are compelled to and use the radio instead.
- Follow the emergency plan set by the officials.
- Stay away from the beaches or any water fronts.
- Take into consideration the subsequent shakes which cause additional losses.
For more instructions at any danger case check the link.
Institutions’ dealing with disasters
Emergency Plan: All the procedures and necessary measures if any disaster takes place besides the evacuation plan for any institution that its members should follow to be ready for any emergent situation in a way that it fits the nature of the institution.
Emergency plan for hospitals
In the tense situations that the hospitals are exposed to while the occurrences of disasters or spreading of pandemics, they should be ready through following a well-prepared emergency plan that contains:
- Full preparedness to transfer some ordinary rooms to be ready for emergency matters.
- Providing plenty enough blood, plasma and the needed medicine in conjunction with blood bank and medicine stores.
- Coordinating with the health institutions to accommodate the emergent cases while working under pressure in addition to coordinating with the voluntary teams to help as organizers.
National Committee for Civil Defence
As the sultanate cares of crises management, it has formed the national committee for civil defence to process the operations of strategic planning as well as legislating the relevant laws and regulations. It seeks besides training well rounded cadre to handle the emergencies.
Through its website, the committee further more offers electronic services as follows:
- Monitoring early warning.
- Media and public awareness.
- Search and rescue .
- Relief and shelter.
- Medical response and public health.
- Basic services.
- Responding materials incidents.
- Affairs victims missing persons.
Press the link to access for the services.
Or you can contact via the following methods:
Phone number: 24521777 (968)
Public Authority for Civil Defence and Ambulance
Directorate General of Civil Defense
Emergency phone numbers
Royal Oman Police: 24560099
Water Emergency: 153
Electricity Emergency: 154
Other phone numbers:
Open line 00968
Royal Hospital 24 59 90 00
Electricity Muscat 80 07 00 08
Electricity Dhahera 80 07 62 11
Electricity Batenah 80 07 41 11
Electricity Dakhleya 25 43 10 48
Electricity Dhofar 23 21 91 88
Electricity Musandam 26 73 02 31
Electricity Sharqya 80 07 77 71
Electricity Wusta 92 67 82 42
اWater Muscat 14 42
Water Dhahera 25 69 25 05
Water Batenah 26 87 69 13
Water Dhakhleya 25 43 18 38
Water Dhofar 23 21 91 88
Water Musandam 153
Water SHarqya 25 54 50 93
Water Wusta 25 42 72 35