Oman Computer Emergency Readiness Team
OCERT seeks to gain global standards of information security for the Sultanate since it was officially launched in April 2010. This is achieved through analyzing risks and security threats that may be present in cyberspace and communicates this information to users in private and public entities besides the individuals. OCERT aims at building the ultimate trust in using government eServices and to keep pace with the eGovernment transformation plan. The Team takes the responsibility of training the national cadre in the fields of computer and internet to enhance the ability of discovering and responding to the security incidents.
It further more spreads awareness in the society about cyber security and encourages searching in this regard.
The center follows the following process in the case of an incident or if receiving a vulnerability assessment request:
- Institutions as well as individuals can online report any incident with low, medium or high severity via filling in the form of this link.
- A Vulnerability Assessment Service Request is offered as well but only to Government Organizations via this link.
- Incident report is received.
- The incident is been categorized and prioritized.
- Forming a process to handle the incident.
- Communicating the findings with the incident reporter.
Click here and know more about OCERT.