Welfare laws and policies
Ministry of Social Development is responsible for enacting regulations and policies that regulate the social life. It is also entitled to supply people in need, people with social insurance, elderly, widowed and divorced with financial aids. It also works hard to provide all services for the community according to what has been mentioned in the basic statute of the state: “the country is responsible for providing aids for citizens in case of emergencies, sickness and aging.”
Here are some laws and regulations which are set to organize the social life in Oman:
- The Guidance Centers and Domestic Consultancy Regulations (Arabic Only): consists of the regulations people obliged to follow for starting a business in domestic consultancy or establishing guidance centers.
- Social Security Law (Arabic Only): includes the people who deserve an aid from the government like pensioners.
- Disabled Persons Welfare and Rehabilitation Act (Arabic Only): consists of the rights specified for disable people as well as the conditions of establishing disabled rehabilitation centers.
- Children Law (Arabic Only): covers social, economic, health, educational, cultural and civil rights of children.
- Childcare Facilities Regulations (Arabic Only): includes the conditions and procedures of starting a business in nursery or foster homes.